• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform Behaviour Help!

Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I thought making a layer independent will make it unaffected by the parent layer it is in.

True, if you are dealing with dragging. But not so fast with Transfrom Behaviour!

If I make a transformation, say a slight rotation, "ALL" the layers inside that particular parent layer is affected!

I am so frustated to figure out how to fix it. Isn't there any simple way to tell Character Animator not to transform certain layers when I do a Transform Behaviour to a [parent] layer which contains several layers???

Please help me, I am new with Character Animator.

Thank you!

TOPICS
FAQ , Feature requests , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right - independence is how to limit the scope of changes. So you need at each layer to decide if they are related or not. That is, don't blindly make everything independent, but you do need to make some independent.

There are some other tools in the toolbox (like magnets). If you can describe an exact instance you are trying to fix and include a screenshot of the rigging hierarchy you have so far it might help explain how to fix that problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will post an image when I encounter this problem again. So far I found a temporary solution, but won't last long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines