• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform Group with Subgroups

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a puppet that is basically a chain (a literal chain, like what you use to lock your bike).  The top layer is the first link, then inside that group is the second link, etc.  Each attachment is set to hinge.  The attach to is set to auto.  When in record mode, the chain looks great and each link is properly connected to the next in a proper hierarchal fashion.

I want to move the chain by keyframing the top level group's x and y positions.  It allows me to put the keyframes in place but when I refresh the puppet and click play, the chain doesn't move.  Nothing is set to fixed.  All links have dynamic and collide set.  Is this just not a possible thing to do?  Or am I taking the wrong approach?20220722_105022.jpg

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you File > Export > Puppet so we can take a closer look? It's possible that Transform is fighting with Physics, but in a normal character that shouldn't matter (i.e., keyframing a character to move around while also having physics on the hair).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original CA project had multiple scenes and each scene had multiple puppets.  And it was created at least two major CA versions ago.  I believe it became corrupted or elements of it became "unplugged" as it was migrated forward to the latest version.  I copied the chain elements to its own Photoshop file, imported, rigged and put it in its own scene, and it works fine.  I still wanted to upload it, but received an error "The file type (puppet) is not supported."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For those files, you need to use a file sharing service like drop box or google drive and just post the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines