• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trigger with sounds for Live Streaming on Twitch

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I'm trying to figure out how to bring sounds from Character Animator to OBS. 
I recorded my character in poses with some sound effects, made replays and triggers. The movement works perfectly along with lip sync on OBS exept the sounds. I can hear it through my iMac speakers via Character Animator, but OBS is not picking up. I use IShowU Audio Capture to capture all my desktop sounds. I was wondering if I have to set up something on Character Animator to be recgnized its sounds as a part of desktop sounds. 
I hope this question was already out and solved before.. Thank you for reading my question!

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

I should have clicked around on Character Animator's setting more before I reserched too much and asked on the forum..
But it was really simple. After I changed Preferances > Audio Hardware > Default Output > Multi-Output Device (if you have IShowU audio for sound capture for OBS) audio is now recgnized on OBS!
I was thinking video and audio are in one packet, but since you mentioned about audio being separated, it got me thinking to click the preferance. 
Thank you so much for your time and helpin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tried this for a while now, but I remember I had "Virtual Cable" installed. I thought I did that so I could feed the audio through Adobe Audition to audio filtering and balancing. I recall that NDI streaming only sent the video I think and not audio for some reason (don't recall why). Virtual Cable acts like a virtual speaker (so you can send the audio output of CH to it) and microphone (so other apps like Audition or in your case OBS could listen to it).  Sorry, have not played with this for like 6 months now and my memory is a bit rusty. My computer could not keep up with it all so I went back to recording videos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the lead! I will look into Virtual Cable and Adobe Audition too 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have clicked around on Character Animator's setting more before I reserched too much and asked on the forum..
But it was really simple. After I changed Preferances > Audio Hardware > Default Output > Multi-Output Device (if you have IShowU audio for sound capture for OBS) audio is now recgnized on OBS!
I was thinking video and audio are in one packet, but since you mentioned about audio being separated, it got me thinking to click the preferance. 
Thank you so much for your time and helping me!

Just in case, someone needs to know my set up, I'm using macOS, OBS, IShowU audio capture (and Multi-Output Device), and Syphon. I'm not sure if Windows are different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  I had the same exact issue.  I just selected my speakers and the audio now comes up in OBS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines