Exit

triggers are not working in character animator

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am facing below issues.

1. I have created a trigger for both right & left blink. but only left blink is showing up when i press the key. right blink is not working. similar thing is happening for all eye expression and in camera input, if I blink my eyes,character's left eye blink is working. the right eye goes invisible. 

2. some triggers are not working when i press the key.

3. sometimes character animator is working fine. sometimes it is messing up. for example, yesterday my mouth action worked fine.it recognized camera input. when i give expression.it worked well. today i have not made any changes..it is not recognizing my mouth expression.

need suggestions..

regards,

Ravi

[Moved from Community Help (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What can help is screen shots showing the puppet hierarchy and how you have defined the triggers. Also do you have the "blink together" flag on in the Face behavior? Showing the definition of the triggers panel would also be helpful as it will show the definitions of swap sets etc as well.

Then share the keys you are pressing so can compare to the definitions etc. 

In general triggers for me has been probably the most stable feature - so it is more likely to be a rigging issue. There are a few edge cases like triggering multiple triggers at the same time, and blink is interesting since it is also a face behavior controlled thing.

Regarding expressions, which expressions where you trying? If you did not change anything, i would check the lighting on your face. If you look at the camera window in the top right, do you see little red dots on the face? They are the tracking marks. Only two face expressions control the mouth - smile and surprised. You might use a neutral expression and click the reset post button there as well - maybe the initial picture it used you were already smiling (meaning you would have to smile super hard to trigger a smile expression). The rest of the mouth expressions are controlled by sound analysis (LipSync behavior). So it would be useful to know which expressions or sounds you were doing.

Happy to help try and track down the problem, but a bit more detail would help with that if you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines