• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with 3.0

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded to Character Animator 3.0.

I can open up my older 2.1.1 Characer Animator file in 3.0 and it performs fine.

But if I make an adjustment to my original connected Photoshop file and save it, the character animator file puppet goes all wonky with all the assets squashed and moved around in my 3.0 version of the file.

However if I open the 2.1.1 version of the Character Animaor file, any changes I now make to the photoshop file will translate across without any problems.

And then, having opened the file in 2.1.1 if I open the file AGAIN in 3.0 the changes are saved and translate perfectly.

Anything I can do to skip the extra step?

TOPICS
Bugs , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is strange. Have you tried an Illustrator file as well? E.g. import one of the sample puppets then edit the artwork.

You could also try clicking the "refresh" button at the bottom of the scene window (maybe hold down ALT when clicking as well - flushes more caches). Its the two arrows in a circle icon. My guess is exiting 3.0 and loading it up again is causing some cache to be flushed.

Otherwise, can you Export Puppet a sample puppet and share it here? (Put on Dropbox/Google Drive etc). I can try and load it up and see if I see the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alank99101739

Ive tried importing the untouched sample blank puppet files into 3.0, and then have adjusted the PSD files and they work fine with no odd behaivours.

But the puppet files that Ive done some previous adjustments to (in Photoshop) are all acting strange in 3.0. (When I try and adjust thier PSD files)

Ive included the working file link for you to try out.

Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wa2nrftiycd126/Stanton%20test.zip?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to repro the issue so far. Does the problem occur even if you just toggle an eyeball (but not change any content) in Photoshop? Can you post a screenshot of how it looks on your computer?

Also, what version of Photoshop are you using? I think there was an update recently (Version 21.0.1), which is what I'm using for my test.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me Jeff.

I was using Photoshop 20.0.5 but upgraded to 21.0.1. and its having the same problem.

Even if I just disable a layer or reacivate it and save it I'm having this issue. It seems like any minor adjustment to the PSD file will cause this problem.

(So it looks and functions normally for you?)

In 3.0 after changing and saving the psd fileIn 3.0 after changing and saving the psd filein 2.1.1 with same adjusted PSD filein 2.1.1 with same adjusted PSD fileThen back in 3.0 AFTER having opened it in 2.1.1Then back in 3.0 AFTER having opened it in 2.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thought it was just that Set Rest Pose needed to be set, but there seems to be more horizontal & vertical movement. I'll check with our development team, and follow-up after I have more info to share. Thanks for letting us know about this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @kotastrophy ... just a follow-up here. The issue was related to handles related to groups in the artwork file getting repositioned when the puppet was updated with changes from the artwork file. We were able to address this issue for an future update. For the current version (3.0), the current workaround would be to make sure all of the groups within the Photoshop artwork file are not hidden (i.e., eyeball should be on). It's not ideal, but it should help retain the handles from moving unexpectedly, causing this unexpected movement.

Thanks for letting us know about this issue, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines