Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with walking 3 views

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey everyone,

I;m building my first puppet and trying to get him in the walking mode where the charachter can walk in both directions and then stand facing the camera when as rest. I put a picture of my layout in here, if anyone has any tips or tricks i'd appreciate it. I feel like I'm probably a few steps away from getting it right. When i rig all three profiles they show up at the same time and not when the walks are cued. Thanks in advance for any help.

-matt

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Beware of layers like "Left Profile copy" under the right profile - it may be tagged as a left profile which can confuse things.

One useful thing for debugging profiles is in the walk behavior look at "Views" and "Handles" and expand them. Behaviors works on tagged layers - so the tags are important. Behaviors do not use the layer names. The layer names are seen by an "auto-tagged" and its the tags that behaviors then look for.

I think it can be educational to go through each layer one by one in the rigging panel and looking at the tags on each layer. Are there any unexpected tags? (I personally prefer looking at the text names form - clicking on the "A" tag - because the text names influence which layer names will get tagged.)

I also noticed you had the left profile visible. I think you should have the non-walking profile (the first one) visible and hide left and right profiles.

Have a look for OKSamurai's videos - there is one on walk behaviors that I would watch. But there are lots of other good ones there too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines