• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to organize to make my working files lighter.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just lost a quite bit of work last night. 
This program is still new to me, and I don't normally work on Photoshop either.
So I'm not sure if what I was doing was stressing my computre or not.
I couldn't find much about people talking about organizing in a project on Character Animator.

I use iMac 2019 model with 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, 16GB memory, 2GB Graphics.
I'm not really familier with those specs, and what each number means to working on Character Animator and Photoshop.

oh, and before I lost my data, I got warning message saying I need to upgrade graphics card.

Anyhow, my questions are:
How many puppets should I have in a scene? 
(Current project I'm working on has 4 puppets, including midground and background images as puppets)

How many scenes should I have in a project?
(Currently I only have one project, and I have total 4 scenes, 7 puppets, and about a dozen of SFX)
I was wondering if I separate projects, it would make the working files lighter.

How many layers in a .psd file for a puppet are okay to have? 
(I have a quite bit of layers in order to make my puppets do poses and short movement for cycle layers on top of lip sync, blink and all)

Is it bad that I ran out of keys to assign for triggers?

Is it bad to have too many behaviors??
(I started using breath behaviors a lot, so have smooth subtle movement in a part of background and middle ground, and each swaped characters)

I always wonder if my puppets are too complex.. In tutorial videos, I don't see all the specs on a puppet since there are folders usually closed.
Thank you for reading a long post!

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?