Tutorials for animations / character action without webcams

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to learn how to create character action without the use of a webcam, I just feel like the webcam makes it a lot easier and while that can seem like a good thing, I would like to know how to manually create the actions using the triggers. Also is there like an action or movemen database where you can click an action and the the model / puppet acts out the action?   

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but many of the example puppets have built in actions that you can trigger and watch. Bear in mind that prior to body tracking, CH was designed simply to track the head and face on camera. The limbs were (and still are) controlled by draggable points that can be tweaked in the timeline and then recorded as a replay. The example puppets are a good way to see how these replays work.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I talk about this in a video FAQ:

https://youtu.be/7pgm_u4VkQk?t=220

No tutorials about it, but basically if you added a Transform behavior to the head, then you could keyframe stuff like position and rotation.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines