• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Twinkling stars

Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to create a starry night sky for my character with a handful of twinkling stars. I am trying to find a way to do this without inserting a lot of layers for each star and rigging it with cycle animation behavior. Ideally, I'd want to just rig the star once and repeat it several times. Is such a thing possible with CH?

TOPICS
Feature requests , How to , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Yes. Create a puppet star (with cycle layers or whatever) then add multiple star puppets to your scene using transform to position, scale, and rotate them for variety. Problem may be they all cycle together (in sync. If you offset them slightly at the start of the scene that might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

That is you can create one puppet, then add it to a scene multiple times if a small number (it will get slowe as you add more stats)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Create a puppet star (with cycle layers or whatever) then add multiple star puppets to your scene using transform to position, scale, and rotate them for variety. Problem may be they all cycle together (in sync. If you offset them slightly at the start of the scene that might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is you can create one puppet, then add it to a scene multiple times if a small number (it will get slowe as you add more stats)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I will give it a try. To be clear, you are suggesting that I make a puppet that is nothing more than the star cycle animation? I guess that it wouldn't need a head or a body, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines