Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two Puppets

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Is it possible to have one puppet and then remove and add in another puppet in Character Animator without having to go to another program? If so, is there a tutorial?

Cheers,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Okay, that is pretty easy then. First import all the puppets into your project. Then create a new scene. You can then drag multiple puppets into the scene. Whatever puppets are armed (have the red dot on in the timeline panel) will have recordings save to them. So you record puppet 1, then record puppet 2, and adjust as required,  It is extremely common to have multiple puppets in a scene and interacting with each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide more info about what you are trying to achieve? You can certainly add multiple characters to a scene and control them individually... Are you talking about streaming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

No, not streaming.

Just working in Character Animator.

Yes, I would like to add multiple characters like Chloe and Dr. Applesmith to the same scene or even one after the other.

If on the same scene, can you alternate talking as in a conversation?

Cheers, Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, that is pretty easy then. First import all the puppets into your project. Then create a new scene. You can then drag multiple puppets into the scene. Whatever puppets are armed (have the red dot on in the timeline panel) will have recordings save to them. So you record puppet 1, then record puppet 2, and adjust as required,  It is extremely common to have multiple puppets in a scene and interacting with each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this on how to get two puppets in one scene! I would like to stream with them though and control one of them by just the sound of my voice and the other one by the sound of my guest's voice. I've seen this on Twitch before and I think the sound is someone brought in throuhg Discord. Is there a way to have the puppets operated by two different sound channels through Discord or are the streamers I see doing this using a different program? Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that is very different. Live streaming two characters i think will need two computers with two copies of character animator (one each) so the one audio input goes to one puppet on each computer. Then use something like obs studio to capture the output streams from the two computers and merge into a single stream to send to youtube/twitch etc.

with pre-recorded you can capture the audio tracks first as two audio files (each person records their own mic separately), then use compute lipsync from audio to control the two puppets and combine them in ch later on. So you talk live, but generate the animation as a later stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You: "First import all puppets into your project."

Me: How do I do that? When I select File > Import, it looks for a file on my hard drive (it doesn't show me all the puppets that were available on the Home window so I can select one). 

It is definitely not intuitive to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here I am a year later, and I still don't know how to get two controllable puppets in the same scene at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, do you have any possible details for adding like an interview scene ? i would like to use 2 puppets with a conversation mp3 and have it look like they are dicussing together etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines