Unable to Import Ch Audio to After Effects via Dynamic Link

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some Ch scenes I import into Ae via Dyn Link don't have the audio.  My frame rates are identical in both Ch and Ae and my drivers & software are updated.  The strange thing is that out of say 6 Ch scenes, 1 or 2 won't import the audio.  It can take multiple reimports before the sounds appears.  Any suggestions?  

TOPICS
Bugs , Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021
Thanks Dave,  figured out the problem.  In Ae, there was no audio waveform related to that Ch scene, so I went back to the CH timeline and just turned each Audio symbol off and back on and the waveform appeared in Ae. 

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this a few times as well and have never known exactly why it happens. Is there anything in particular about the 1 or 2 scenes that is different from the others in terms of file size, type of audio, # of puppets, etc? I think I solved this in the past by clearing my AE or PR cache, forcing a re-render...but yeah, this shouldn't happen.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dave,  figured out the problem.  In Ae, there was no audio waveform related to that Ch scene, so I went back to the CH timeline and just turned each Audio symbol off and back on and the waveform appeared in Ae. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines