• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to launch Character Animator

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon clicking on a project, or the Character Animator icon on my desktop i instantly recieve an error that says "Unable to Create Font".

Character Animator does not proceed to the launch screen and nothing happens after I click OK.

I don't believe anything has change with the fonts on my PC, and this only happened recently.

I have tried holding Shift, Alt, and Shift+Alt after clicking on the icon to attempt to start a new blank project or get anything to happen.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea. Reinstall software and cross your fingers? And run a virus scan for good luck? (Or wait and see if adobe support respond - maybe there are log files that can be checked)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oksamurai posted a couple links here Character animator won't launch "Unable to create font."  that might offer some insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have no idea as well. However, I would make sure I'm using the latest version of CA and then re-launch. I would also check your system requirements and make sure your personal system can handle CA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help everyone.

I tried a reinstall of CA and am still left with the same problem. KJerryK that post is actually from a colleague of mine. We are encountering the same issue. I'm still trying to figure out if there is a font missing or corrupt on my machine in case what OKSamurai posted about is the solution.

But in the meantime i'm still scratching my head on this one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably obvious, but that two of you from same office are experiencing it and no-one else indicates something about your environment: your OS build if managed by IT, your antivirus rules, your corporate firewall, etc.

is it just character animator? Or do premier pro or other adobe apps fail too?

Since it’s windpwa I assume you have tried rebooting the whole machine, applying any is updates etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines