• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Move or tilt head

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a long-time user of Character Animator. I just made a puppet tutorial for my students using Illustrator and Character Aninator and the "Blank" puppet. I have never had this problem before. My character was moving fluidly then I added some more hair and some dangles to the hair and now my body and head is as stiff as can be.   There is no longer any head movement or body movement at all. I have tied turning Independent on and off for the head and changed a few of the parameters such as wind and gravity, not really drastically, in an attempt to fix this. After 3 days I am about to give up but I need to show my students how this works. 

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there,

yes it can be frustrating when things are not working properly.

But from just reading your problem its kind of tough to detect the issue. Perhaps you could share your files or show some screen shots?

Thanks,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response. Thank you. I was actually going to share my puppet but I actually found so many weird anomalies that I just started over and everything is working fine so far with the new ones. . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can share your File > Export > Puppet and upload that as a shared link (on Google Drive / Dropbox / Creative Cloud / etc), we can take a closer look. My best guess is that in adding some extra stuff the structure changed somehow and CH isn't recognizing the head/body correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I was actually going to share my puppet but I actually found so many weird anomalies that I just started over and everything is working fine so far with the new ones. . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines