• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

understanding file relationship between photoshop and character animator

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a video out there that explains the relationship between character animator and photoshop files?

I continually get a result where the psd file loses some of it's behavior characteristics when updating photoshop psd file.  I have made sure it is pointing to the same psd file but keep getting a result where the psd character does not walk when it did in the original.  

I made a copy of the original psd file but quickly hit a wall of functionality when doing minor changes.

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to the program and having the same issue. ANY changes made to the original psd file result in losing all rigging work applied in CA. Is there a setting I'm missing? Or is it: make your puppet perfect before spending hours adding in rigging, etc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no video that I know of, but I can offer a few suggestions. 

* If you want to make a single layer independent, put a "+" in front of it in PS or AI instead of clicking the crown icon in CH. There's a bug that can result in your artwork shifting after incorporating edits from PS/AI. 
* If you modify PS/AI in a way that changes the structure of your puppet hierarchy, you may lose rigging. 
* If you do your rigging on groups instead of artwork layers, you might be a little more resiliant to edits in PS/AI. 

Here's a screenshot of an example hierarchy for a 3/4 character:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines