• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update puppet link with illustrator is broken, how can I fix that??

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, I'm not so experienced with character animator and I hope somebody can help me.

I was updating a puppet in illustrator and for some reason character animator could't update this when I went back to cc.

There was a message that the link with illustrator would be broken.

Now when I edit the original no changes are made within character animator.

A lot of work has been done.....

Do you know how I can restore that ?

Thank you so much for answering.

Kind regards, Hella

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Never seen it that bad! Sometimes it creates a new project rather than open an old one (check the recently opened list of projects). I have not heard of anyone having problems removing and reinstalling the software - so it is an option to try and recover things.

But don’t forget there is a Adobe Support area for support requests for more serious problems. These are the forums for community (and Adobe) advice etc - the support area is more formal and separate (linked from top of forums page).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to my own question, the project now has a number with it 17,14,43 and when I open the project no puppet appears. A lot of work gone.

When I open another puppet there is no working link either..... it seems to be a problem with the whole app... ?

Anybody heard of that ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never seen it that bad! Sometimes it creates a new project rather than open an old one (check the recently opened list of projects). I have not heard of anyone having problems removing and reinstalling the software - so it is an option to try and recover things.

But don’t forget there is a Adobe Support area for support requests for more serious problems. These are the forums for community (and Adobe) advice etc - the support area is more formal and separate (linked from top of forums page).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you I will have to do that, let's hope it doesn't happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines