• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated to newer versions of CA and AE...now dynamic links are gone

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just updated my software and when opening a project I'm working on...all my Dynamic links are gone. Is there an easy way to relink these MANY files? thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically I thought if you relink one, it's smart enough to find the rest if it finds the same names in the new directory?

https://www.quora.com/There-is-a-way-to-batch-replace-multiple-footage-in-after-effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No. It didn't. In fact, all the names were GONE! Thanks God I had the files on another machine with the older version software to refer to. I had to relinked each file one at a time. So happy I got it back! Now I can attempt to add a run cycle to my project.

BTW: here is the end result of my very first Character Animator/After Effects animation.

Pineapple - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines