• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use child's drawing to create original puppet?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Total newbie here so thanks in advance for your patience and support. I'll be quick. I have an adult special needs child who has dreamed for YEARS of animating his own drawings. He's not capable of learning the software himself, so that's where I come in. I've got years of exp. with Premiere Pro, Audition, Photoshop and just enough After Effects to get basic projects done, so I figure Adobe Animate and Character Animator are great places for me to start. My question is this: can I import my son's character drawings into Photoshop (some examples attached to this post) and use those to create original puppets for CA? I've tried to find the answer to this online, but no luck. The online tutorials I've seen thus far all point to creating original puppets IN Photoshop vs. importing drawings for that purpose. I'm guessing if this would work, I'd need to import his drawings, then somehow identify elements from that to then rig in CA? Should I start with CA or Animate? But I'm not sure how this is done. I'm obviously a bit confused as I begin this journey, and appreciate any input or ideas anyone might have. My goal is to learn enough to help my son realize his dream, perhaps we can make some short films together with his drawings. Thanks so much for your suggestions, so sincerely appreciated!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's entirely possible and not difficult.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator/how-to-animate-a-hand-drawn-animal/td-p/11404660

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

absolutely possible, but multiple drawings can make it better. I am not sure if characterizer can help because it wants pictures from the webcam, but i start from a photo https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/10/22/project-wookie-a-beginner-youtube-playlist/ - it does not use all the latest features, but might help get you going

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really enjoying your tutorials Alan, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

instead of starting from a ready-made drawing, it would be much more practical if he could draw the face, eyes and mouth in separate drawings. otherwise it can be difficult to disassemble and complete missing areas in photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by the way, i forgot to mention that he draws well.

will be easier to animate if he draws his characters in T pose.

in about half an hour :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kil5ilyfnrg1a3d/man.mov?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh my gosh ,this is amazing. I wish you could have seen my son's face when he saw this. THANK YOU! this gives us hope that this can be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines