Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use Markers as Triggers

Participant ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there!

I would really like a feature as a "programmed action", but not as i record live. I would prefer assigning an action on the timeline (using markers for instance, as i show on the image below), and it would trigger the action i recorded before. 

audio_markers.jpg
(every letter on the marker section is the key i have to press to perform the action i want).

I am currently recording the actions live, but everytime i have to tweak is very painful and i have to blend in/out a tons of different handles... 

Thank you guys!

TOPICS
Feature requests

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at "Replay"s? You can record a short sequence in a timeline, tweak it etc, then capture as a replay. you can then assign a trigger key to the replay. If recording, you get all the individual parts that made up the replay (not a single "Wave" action in the timeline), but that allow you to tweak it if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Thanks for your reply.
Yes, actually the letters on my timeline are triggers assigned to a replay action.

I usually have a set of facial expressions and a set for arm actions. It would be wonderful if i could have 2 "special tracks"... one to easily swap between arm poses and another one to swap between facial expressions (like when i change the visemes).
Today we have every action separated for each handle (Arms = 4 arm handles; Facial Expression = swap on mouth shape + eyelids expression + eyegaze), and when you record several replays it becomes an overwhelming stack of actions for each handle, and it keeps hard to tweak.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines