• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use of animation in my commercial product

New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made an animation using the Bill Starter feature of Character Animator. Can I use this animation in a commercial educational product i am developing?

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's free to use for any purposes you see fit. Just keep in mind that others are just as free to use the same puppets for similar projects, in case you were thinking of some sort of exclusivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW, Bill (and Lacy) were created using a Puppet Maker template (the maker template is also called Lacy). The Pro version of Character Animator's Puppet Maker feature would let you create a wide variety of puppets in the same style if you need more or would like to have more creative control. Those puppets would also be yours to use as you see fit.

I got curious and counted the options in the template and multiplied to calculate that it can create 98,627,481,501,696 different puppets. So you could create a whole cast of characters and each character would be unique. Or at least the odds somebody else made exactly the same one are vanishingly small.

Dan Tull

Character Animator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines