• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Different Puppet Profiles in Same Scene

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the same scene I want to show a puppet walking then stopping (and talking).  For the puppet, I have a walk and stand profile.  However I haven't figured out how to use the different profiles in the same scene.  Am I able to use both profiles in the same scene or do I need to do break the scene into 2 parts (Walking & Standing)?  Any suggestions are appreciated.   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure of exactly how you've rigged this, but yes, you can definitely have standing and walking poses in the same puppet and use them within the same scene. See the  example walking puppets (like Maddy, Frenchie, Foxie and Bunnie) here:  here: https://character.adobelanding.com/puppets/

Basically, the left/right walk poses can be triggered and when they stop being triggered, the Frontal view activates. 

Hope that helps -- DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. My puppet profiles behave fine when they are not combined in a scene. To be more specific, I am unable to use the Face behavior (camera input) for different profiles of a single puppet in the same scene. For example, if I record a Left Profile walking puppet clip and then switch to the Stand/Frontal profile, 2 puppets appear on my screen when I do a Face behavior recording. Basically I have to turn off the camera in these scenes in order to use both profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad, I had not structured the puppet correctly in Ai. All good now and thanks for the puppet template suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, happy to help and glad you got it sorted out! Out of curiosity, was it just a missing or extraneous tag? We're considering a feature to help detect certain kinds of rigging issues and this sounds like one that might make a good rule in such a system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I was using your Blank template as my model however at +Blank, I was putting each profile. In short, my puppets were missing the puppet name at the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines