Using Proteus template puppet not saving changes

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly - I am completely new to animate cc and am using the Proteus puppet (lets get that out of the way first!). I make visual changes to the character in the rig then export character before importing it to my library and scene. However when I import it to a scene I get a completely different character.. what am I doing wrong?! I can not find any tutorials on how to use the templated characters?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Proteus is (like the builtin Sticky puppet) a sort of meta puppet. If you switch to the Controls panel in record mode, you'll see a bunch of buttons that let you pick different hair/eyes/glasses/body/etc.

However, unlike Sticky, the Proteus part selection is actually based on trigger state, so to persist those selections you have to click on the hand icons in the Triggers panel to set the defaults to the ones you prefer from each swap set.

DT

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines