Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Visine options in 'compute lip sync from scene audio'

Engaged ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 2.15.32 PM.png
These are my visine options right now. I'd like to add 'suprised' and possibly others, is this possible? What are my other options?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“Surprised” is actually a built in viseme, as is “smile”. The supported visemes are in the tags panel. I am guessing you don’t have it tagged in the puppet. But if you want to go beyond those (e.g. “angry”, “sad”, “sleepy”) you need to use a different approach with triggers.

My recommendation is to create “Mouth Group” under which you put “Mouth” under which goes “Ah”, “Uh”, ... “Smile” - the standard visemes. Then you create additional layers under ”Mouth Group” (siblings of Mouth) for all the non-standard visemes. You then create a swap set with “Mouth” being the default, and “Angry”, “Sad” etc triggered by a keyboard triggers. So the default mouth comes up for lip sync, but you can override it with an expression with a keyboard trigger.

It‘s not perfect, but its the best option I know of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I DO have it tagged!Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 3.49.44 PM.png

I need to know how to make it an option HERE if possible Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 2.15.32 PM copy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silly me. Sorry, I forgot the two Smile and Surprised emotions are not actually visemes. They are used by the Face behavior based on facial expressions. So if you want to trigger them by hand, put a keyboard trigger on them and use those triggers to make them appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not what I'm asking, but I appreciate your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading back, if the question is can you define new visemes - the answer to that is "no". They are built in. You can add extra mouth positions and trigger them via keyboard keys (as describe near the start of the thread) - but you cannot define new visemes that are controlled by lip sync etc. Its built in code in Character Animator. It looks for particular sound patterns to guess the sound you are trying to make, so its not easy to add new mouth positions for new sounds.

And if I still have not understood the question, feel free to try asking again! Hopefully I will get there eventually!! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No you nailed it! Tx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines