walk behavior is distorted

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While using the walk behavior my puppet's neck keeps moving up and down weirdly. As well, the feet are stuck to the ground and are not moving with the legs. My puppet over all is also not moving it is just "walking" in place.

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These can be a pain to remote diagnose. Could you include a screen shot of the rigging hierarchy? Can see if can make any suggestions from there. The relative positions of Head and Neck tags makes a difference for example to body posture. Missing the waist handle I think can make the legs not work. If you look at the "Walk" behavior, there is (I think) a "Handles" section that shows the layers it has bound the different body positions to. I would have a look at them - did if find the arms, legs, etc? If anything failed to get found, the behavior would not know how to manipulate the puppet. That is where I would start - making sure all the right layers got found by the Walk behavior.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines