Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Walk behavior not detecting tags on top layer

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I added the walk behaviour to the body and it detects all my tags, but when I add it to the top layer it detects none. With the walk behaviour on the body, it moves (although in a messy way) but the head remains in the same place.

Could anyone give me a hand?

Here is my puppet - https://we.tl/t-yrcBhMl2cG

Thanks,

Carlos

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is my educated guess (I have not fixed it all - that takes a bit more time than I have just now sorry).

The Left Profile etc tags are used for two different purposes. This can cause problems - I think it is in your case.

The Walk behavior uses Left / Right / default profiles. You normally would have a puppet structure such as

+MyPuppet

Frontal

Left Profile

Right Profile

Having these at the top is what CH would use in the walk behavior. It looks for a Left Profile or Right Profile and uses that for walking left or right. It then looks for arms and legs etc under that profile.

I got better behavior by deleting one of the head profiles. It was not right, but the puppet body started walking properly. But I could not get it working and I am off to bed. I don't understand why I could not get the independent head to attach to the body.

Oh, I deleted Background to clean it up a bit as well. Hiding layers (turning eyeball off) does not remove them from the puppet.

So sorry, tried but failed to get it to work. I think the profiles are the probem... I *think*.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines