Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Walk Behavior Strange Issue

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. 

I'm encountering this strange issue with walk behaviour where it doesn't activate.  It's happening to a project I've created and rigged.  At first I thought it was because I made some sort of mistake creating and rigging the character, but then I discovered that it exists even when I use the official Adobe templates.  I've uploaded a video to illustrate the issue.  In the video, you'll see that I open up a template (Maddy) with working walk behaviour.  As soon as I delete the walk behaviour and re-add it, it stops working.  I've tried deleting and re-installing CA but no dice.  Not sure why it is doing that and any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Link:

character animator walk issue - YouTube

Eric

Mac Pro | OSX 10.13.1 | Character Animator 1.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Does refreshing the scene (click the Refresh Scene button in the lower-right corner of the Scene panel) make it work again?

Or, before adding the puppet to a scene, replace the Walk behavior first, does that work?

Another possible workaround: toggle the eyeball for the Walk behavior off & back on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does refreshing the scene (click the Refresh Scene button in the lower-right corner of the Scene panel) make it work again?

Or, before adding the puppet to a scene, replace the Walk behavior first, does that work?

Another possible workaround: toggle the eyeball for the Walk behavior off & back on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have confirmed that this is a bug. We're still getting to the bottom of it, but it appears to be related to switching workspaces, and can affect any behavior.

Do any of Jeff's workarounds fix it for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Refreshing the scene doesn't seem to do the trick, but toggling the eyeball solves the issue.  It's certainly a strange bug but I'm sure it'll get worked out by next version.  Thanks for your help!  Great program by the way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines