• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Walk cycle behaviour: no arm movement after rigging

New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After rigging my character, I was able to get a good walk cycle with the arm movements, initially, but now the arms have remained stationery. When I rig new characters, there is still no arm movement. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Character-Rig.PNG

Character image.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Thanks for sharing the puppet.

It seems like the Neck handle needs to be added for the arms to move. One way to do this is to add it to the same handle as the Head handle (e.g., select each Head group, then add the Neck tag).

I noticed the heads were independent (with a crown), which means that they'll detach from the body. Just removing the crown will allow the head to stay attached to the body.

The arms and legs were using the Weld attach style, which will cause a little bit of warping at the att

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the screenshot it seems to be set up OK. If you remove one or more of those sticks, do the arms move?

If you can send a link (via Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) to a .puppet file for your character, we can investigate what might be going on.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that and it still they still don't move.

Yes, I can do that, but this may seem like a silly question. Never sent a CH link to anyone before. Which files, precisely, should I upload?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not silly at all. In this specific case, select the puppet in the Project panel, choose File > Export > Puppet, navigate to your Desktop folder and specify a name for the .puppet file. Copy that file to your Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. and make it a shareable link, then send the link to me in a reply or direct message here.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to tell from the screen shot, but the sticks might be too close to the elbow/wrist handles -- you want to leave a bit of space between sticks for the bendy area. But sounds like you already tried with the sticks deleted, so there must be a different issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Here is the link you asked for: Dropbox - Character_boy.puppet

In addition to that, could you also take a look at whether keyboard triggers are set okay? They work differently each time I load CH.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the puppet.

It seems like the Neck handle needs to be added for the arms to move. One way to do this is to add it to the same handle as the Head handle (e.g., select each Head group, then add the Neck tag).

I noticed the heads were independent (with a crown), which means that they'll detach from the body. Just removing the crown will allow the head to stay attached to the body.

The arms and legs were using the Weld attach style, which will cause a little bit of warping at the attach point. If you don't want that and want the arms and legs to pivot, use the Hinge attach style.

On some keyboard triggers (e.g., the Q key, sometimes it's set to Latch and other times not -- e.g., one eyebrow will toggle only when held down, while the other will change as you tap & release the trigger key). Maybe that's contributing to the odd results with keyboard triggers?

The hands associated with the 8 and 9 keys are shifted to the right.

In the artwork file, there are two hidden <Path>s that will produce that Unnamed-1 layer in the Puppet panel. Just pointing that out, in case you didn't intend to keep those unnamed paths in the file.

Nice work on the character so far. Hopefully this information helps you progress a bit more.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow thanks, Jeff! (Apologies for the late reply) It's working really well!

I will be able to make progress, finally.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines