Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Walk Cycle distorting puppet

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

Trying to get the hang of CA and I am running into a problem with distortion of the graphics when I view a rigged puppet in a walk cycle in the record screen.

He looks like he is walking just fine, but there is horrible extreme distortion of the graphics around the limbs when it plays. I also had trouble getting the limbs to auto attach, now that the staple tool is gone. none of the limbs were attaching to the body,  so I used the pin tool to pin them down.

Tried using an illustrator file, thought maybe there was some problem with that, so I created a photoshop version too, exact same thing happened.

I even tried opening the walkbot file and trying to change his psd to see if that helped. The walkbot animation would play fine, but when I substituted one of his limbs for a layer I created, I got the same weird distortion..

see attached screenshot

any help - at my wits end here! : )

DavidScreen Shot 2017-11-14 at 13.41.11.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

I'm happy to help if you message me directly, or post your project/puppet in this thread.

Things to look at:

* Are both legs/arms independent layers.* Are both legs/arms Attach To: "Auto" with the origin handle of the legs moved to the hip/shoulder?
* Are there any opposite limb tags? (e.g., left knee put on the right knee)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to help if you message me directly, or post your project/puppet in this thread.

Things to look at:

* Are both legs/arms independent layers.* Are both legs/arms Attach To: "Auto" with the origin handle of the legs moved to the hip/shoulder?
* Are there any opposite limb tags? (e.g., left knee put on the right knee)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dan you are a life saver - I have it fixed now thanks to you.

You were right - in the confusion about auto pinning as opposed to stapling (I was watching an out of date tutorial)

I had misplaced one or two of the origin points and they were throwing it off.

Thanks a million - I was going crazy for a while back there!

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines