Walk Cycle handles are not recognized and head seems unattachable to body

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to set up a puppet for a walk behavior. I have tagged all the relevant parts for the arms, legs, body, however when I add the Walk Behavior at the puppet level, all the handles show up as "0", as if I haven't tagged anything.

Is there a reason why the Puppet level wouldn't recognize all my assigned walk behavior  handles? , Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 2.01.55 PM.png

All suggestions are appreciated

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See how Views in the properties panel shows it found the Head Right Quarter Profile? It thinks that is the root for profiles, so only looking for handles under that. You may need to tag some layer up higher with the profile name, then move the Head Turner behavior down to the Head layer so it does not pick up the body profiles by accident. It is a bit confusing because the head turner and walk behavior use the same tags, causing the wrong bindings at times.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the help. It appears to have been a riggin issue. I ended up re-rigging the puppet from scratch and it appears to have fixed the problem.

cheers

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines