• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Walk Cycle in Character animator disrupts face.

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I created the handles and applied walk cycle behavior on my puppet as per online tutorial in okaysamurai... Every thing seemed fine except the head part gets disrupted everytime the body makes movement. oksamurai

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Can you share a screenshot of the rigging hierarchy? in particular, is the head dependent or independent? And where are the head and neck handles? My guess is the head is not independent and you don’t have any sticks along the jaw line to stop body movement affecting the head structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screenshot of the rigging hierarchy? in particular, is the head dependent or independent? And where are the head and neck handles? My guess is the head is not independent and you don’t have any sticks along the jaw line to stop body movement affecting the head structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a screenshot or video of your rigging setup would help, or share your File > Export > Puppet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I rechecked my rig again alongside the video and found out that I was using neck tag on a custom handle instead of using it on the head origin. That solved the problem. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The relative position of the neck and head tags is important. CH moves them both to make the head bob. By moving the neck tag to the origin of head, I think you have effectively turned off the neck tag - it cannot move relative to the head tag.

That is, it is one solution, but normally neck should be separate, but you need to design the puppet so walking does not distort the head. I normally put sticks along the jaw line or make the head layer independent to get both the bobbing head movement and no head distortion,

But if it looks good now, that is all you are trying to achieve!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines