• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Walk Cycle starts and stops at different positions

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! When I stop and start my walk cycle (easing set to 0.4), my character sort of floats down into the walk cycle than floats up to the stand still position. Ive tried moving the origin points to different places but it hasn't made a difference. Has anyone come across this issue?

Standing postion redd arrow shows where foot meets groundStanding postion redd arrow shows where foot meets ground

Start of walk cycle Yellow arrow shows there foot meets groundStart of walk cycle Yellow arrow shows there foot meets ground

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an answer for you but my puppet is doing something very similar. As soon as it hits the position keyframe to start walking, it "dips" down below where the floor should be, then rises back up at the end of the walk cycle. 

Here's the first step "dip"...

The "dip"The "dip"Standing before the walk cycle.Standing before the walk cycle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It does seem to help a bit if I lower the Walk behavior Strength to around 90%. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines