• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Walk cycle weirdness

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I have two problems with this puppet, both of which can be seen in this gif:

grey_1.gif

First, the hands get rotated around the wrong direction when walking. The arrows are to show the problem... they should be pointing to the direction of travel.

The second problem is the funky distortion of the feet.

The puppet file is here: http://www.studiotachyon.com/downloads/Grey_puppet.zip

HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the problem is in your source art. In the Left Profile view, the head points left, but the body points right. Same problem in the Right Profile view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dave! That fixed one of the two problems (and showed what a complete idiot I am, too! )

However, the funky foot action persists...

grey2.gif

Partially fixed puppet: http://www.studiotachyon.com/downloads/Grey_Paritally_Fixed_puppet.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay... shoulda played with it more before posting... Because I had my head on backwards, I also had my joints... er... out of joint. (Sorry for that bad pun. It's 2 am here in Georgia...)

Had I done the tinkering I did after the previous post BEFORE I posted, I would find everything works properly now. Thanks again, CoSA_Dave!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines