• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Walk + Drag = distortion

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a character set up, based on the Maddy puppet. The layer structure is pretty much the same (Character > Frontal / Right profile / Left profile . It's working great (Thank you very much for providing this example puppet)! Next I'd love to be able to make the character fly. I've created an additional folder above Frontal called Jetpack, which is triggered on a keyboard command, hiding the other layer folders in the stack. This has a draggable handle applied to it. Again it's working fine... I'm able to walk back and forth, hit "J" for Jetpack and move around. However once I drag my character and move it to a new position, it distorts the walk cycle and my character stretches in strange ways, which is fun but unintended. Wondering if there may be any sort of work around for this situation, or if it's I need to make a choice between having a draggable character, or one that is able to walk? Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm yeah, I think dragger and walk unfortunately can create conflicts - I seem to remember running into the same issue with Acquavella on http://okaysamurai.com/puppets/. You might be able to figure something out by placing draggable somewhere else, like the top +Character group, so the whole thing is dragging around, not just one internal group?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried your suggestion, but unfortunately it's still resulting in some distortion when returning to the walk cycle. I think it might not be possible. Thanks for the reply though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines