• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Walking Arm Motion Inconsistency

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am having a problem with my characters and I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if this is just "how it is". What I am working on is for work so I unfortunately cannot share any images or anything so hopefully you all can help me based on this description.

Here is the problem I am having. I have created a three view character for a walking cycle triggered by the back and forth keys. All seems to be looking pretty good (thanks to your amazing turtorials) with the exception of one thing. When the character walks I seem to be getting two different arm motions. The front one looks pretty good but the rear one has a completely different bend to it and seems to be swiging at a different rate. The AI artwork of both arms and hands are vitually identical only flipped to the opposite side. 

One thing to note is the character I am working with is not a humanoid character but more like a bananna shape. So there is no traditional head or neck. As a result, every time I placed a "neck" handle in the puppet it seemed to cause distortion so I removed it. Not sure if the lack of a "neck" tag is causing the issue or not. 

I would relly prefer they be the same positon and speed. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong here.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Dave

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

…Oh, and I also had to remove each of the shoulder tags because as noted with the neck, as soon as I add them to the body and press the direction I want my banannaesque character to walk in I see major distortion. This was the only solution I could find to have the charcater walk without losing the integrity of his shape. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines