• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Walking behavior issues

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear all. Just broke my head thinking what is wrong with my puppet settings.

Put all the points at their places. Stili when girl is walking legs and arms are messing up. And it is messing up as strong as I'm changing the walking strenght. Whan it is on 0 everithing looks same as a puppet. Rasing the strenght transforming the body.

Attaching the puppet and will appreciate if someone could drop an eye for a moment. I'm sure there's a tiny thing which I can't find and fresh view will help a lot.

Now the walking strenght is 0

Now it is 73

And 100

By link below the puppet itself.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EB7OdnMQDMMnDcZ2tquMj2oeg_wDZKBi

Thanks a lot to those who will spend a minute to check what is wrong here,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Hi, just FYI, to export a puppet there is a “Export Puppet” menu item. It looks like you created a ZIP from the whole project? (Otherwise I am curious how you created that ZIP file because it had a Dina.chproj file in it, typical of a project rather than puppet.)

Hmmm. There is a lot going on here. I will try to look some more later, but some changes to get you going.

• I think the root puppet needs to be “independent”.
  • I think each profile needs to be independent as well so the different layers don’

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just FYI, to export a puppet there is a “Export Puppet” menu item. It looks like you created a ZIP from the whole project? (Otherwise I am curious how you created that ZIP file because it had a Dina.chproj file in it, typical of a project rather than puppet.)

Hmmm. There is a lot going on here. I will try to look some more later, but some changes to get you going.

• I think the root puppet needs to be “independent”.
  • I think each profile needs to be independent as well so the different layers don’t become all merged, messing up meshes.
  • Each independent layer should have “Attach to” set to “Auto” - they have the parent layer name at the moment which is bad (but it slips my mind as to why!)
  • I avoid putting tags on origin markers (the dotted lines) - I create separate handles for that - so don’t but the “head” tag on the head origin marker - add another handle in the layer and tag that. The origin marker defines the position relative to the parent layer, where as the walking tags are effectively "automated draggers" - you don't make an origin a dragger because its using the same thing for two purposes (and gets confused)
  • Use the same names as CH does for layers - e.g. don’t use “R Eye” - use “Right Eye” as in the tags panel. “R Eye” picked up the “R” sound viseme by accident for example. (See also Debugging Adobe Character Animator Eyes – Extra Ordinary, the Series  if useful)  I think this can get things stuck.
  • Same for legs - don't use "R Leg", use "Right Leg".
  • There was a stray “mouth” handle added on the head layer - put it on the mouth layer.
  • Because the profiles are currently not independent, I think you are sharing hip and waist etc tags between views. This may be possible, but feels “wrong” to me - so you may need to go through each profile and add some extra tags that are only in the other profiles now they are independent.
  • I don’t know why, but lots of layers are not picking up the contour mesh correctly. There could be some stray disconnected pixels in the artwork. I had to set “Mesh Shape” to “contour” for lots of layers. If you click on the Mesh icon to display the yellow mesh, make sure it follows the outline of the layer, or else warping will look weird. This is at the bottom of the scene and rig windows.
  • Remove the “Nose” tag from the nested “Nose” layer - that stops the walk behavior from not being able to move it. (Things like the extra tags stop the head from bobbing up and down - so avoid these extra tags.)   .... unless of course that is on purpose!

Once you fix up the “Attach To” to Body and “Mesh Shape” to Contour things start looking a lot better, but you need to go around and fiddle origins for the independent layer. I corrupted the project hacking and delete bits to test, so I cannot share my fixed version sorry - probably safer to start from yours again (but ran out of time right now to do it again).

One idea - do an “Export Puppet” then do an “Import Puppet” on what you exported. THIS MAKES A COPY. You can then delete 2 profiles and fiddle and learn with the remaining profile to get the concepts sorted out. Once that is done, go back to the original and fix it. I find debugging this way helps isolate problems.

Scene - Dina.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did export puppet. This is what google drive does when you upload the puppet. I did the same once again and it still looks like this

Anyway thanks a lot for your comments, I'll try to follow and we'll see if it works. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are right about the .chproj  file in puppets! Sorry about that! I had not noticed it there before. Learn something new every day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines