Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Walking problem with Character Animator

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

I have a little problem with my character animator. I make the update 1.5 to 2.0.

And when I try to walk with my puppet he lost his arms and legs like this :

ch wwalk broken.png

Someone know why ?

Because when I turn on 1.5 n he walk very well.

Thank's

Steven

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Can you show the rigging hierarchy? It is probably something about tagging the frontal/left/right that subtly changed between releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show the rigging hierarchy? It is probably something about tagging the frontal/left/right that subtly changed between releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Alank , alank99101739

This is the hierarchy of my puppet hierarchy ch.png

I'm beginner on Character Animator :s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worry that you have “Left Profile” in the arm names. It might tag those as profiles as well.

Behaviors in CH work based on tags, not layer names. Tags however are auto-assigned based on layer names. If it sees “Left Profile” in the layer name, then it will tag it. You can manually remove the tag, but next time you change the artwork and it gets reloaded, the tag may come back.

So its safest to only use “Left Profile” etc in layers that are the profile pivot points (The root of the profiles).

If you look at the Walk behavior and Head Turner (whichever you are using), there are sections like “Views” and “Handles” you can expand to see what the behavior is thinking about the puppet.  If there are extra unexpected things there (e.g. the arm is listed as a “view” - only the top level profiles should be listed) - that is the sort of mixup that can get CH confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ,

thank's for ur answers , it was a mistake with a name of the layer.

Thank's for all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines