• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weard bending wrist. Please help

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys. Would someone be so kind to help me out. I'm stuck. I did all the same for both hands but somehow the left one moving great. Unlike the right one. (ptscr are attached)

Maybe the issue is in the precise position of sticks and dragger? But I can't find this position for the second hand.

Will be thankful for any of your ideas? Link to the puppet is: Marina.puppet - Google Drive

R wrist.pngL wrist.pngR wrist2.pngL wrist2.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

I don't really know Illustrator, but I made some minor changes to the puppet than seem to work. Primarily I madea new group for the vacuum, and moved the hose to the brush. Here's the rigging I tried

MariniRig.png

and here is a screen cap to show what it does

Vacuum.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be useful if we could see where you have put the sticks etc and what your settings are. Can you please upload a screenshot of the Puppet and its layers, with the the hand selected so we can see what has been added? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added the link to the puppet itself instead. Thought it be more efficient for understanding.

Marina.puppet - Google Drive

If it is not, I will attach screenshots then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice the right arm is more complicated than the left arm. I tried some different riggings with no  improvement until I deleted the vacuum. Then the left and right arms react the same. Not really an answer to your question, but might provide some insight.

Arms.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Seems the problem was with vavuum layer? You just deleted it and both armes worked the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but here is more info -- I put the vacuum back in and clicked the crown for the vacuum, making it independent, and the arms now both react the same. The vacuum without the crown was hanging onto the right arm. Here are two screen caps with the vacuum crowned.

Arms2.png

Arms3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and here is another screen cap without the vacuum crowned

Arms4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you did not reorganize the structure except makin the vaccum indipendent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT IS WORKING!!! Thank you a million of times!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. I wasn't sure exactly how you wanted the puppet to work when "V" is pushed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By pressing V I wanted she will make vacuum cleaning ) But now the problem is that all the cleaner steppled to the hand now moves with the hand as on your screenshots. Fixing the body of the cleaner to the ground doesn't work. You are the good wizzard today ) so may you advice what to do with it?

I need to switch between a lot of element at one location and one frame: spoon - vacuum - lipstick. So I can't make any transition to make cleaner appearing. All the triggers work fine except vaccum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll look at this a little more, probably tomorrow, but I'm beginning to think that you may need a separate right hand group for the right arm with the vacuum. You might try doing this, take the right hand down and vacuum groups, combine them into their own righthand2 group, and then put both right hand groups into a higher group. Then if you add a trigger, and click hide others in the group, you can work with just the arm down using the vacuum and it won't be distorted so much. Just an idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really know Illustrator, but I made some minor changes to the puppet than seem to work. Primarily I madea new group for the vacuum, and moved the hose to the brush. Here's the rigging I tried

MariniRig.png

and here is a screen cap to show what it does

Vacuum.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works great as on a gif. I will make the same structure. The big thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did the same. Works great. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines