• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird deformation since new update

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed my characters deform weirdly since the new update. I am doing test scenes, I changed nothing in my puppet but whenever I move my head it creates the effect below.

character animator issues.jpg

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018
  • Is the mesh shape (right properties) set to auto, rectangle or contour? Contour should give the best results most of the time.
  • Is anything tagged fixed? Does removing those help at all?
  • For independent parts, are they set to attach as "auto" and are their origins overlapping other artwork?
  • Is the character set up correctly as a +Character group with Head and Body groups inside it?

If none of these help, could you please File > Export > Puppet and share it as a link (Creative Cloud, Google Drive, Dro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Is the mesh shape (right properties) set to auto, rectangle or contour? Contour should give the best results most of the time.
  • Is anything tagged fixed? Does removing those help at all?
  • For independent parts, are they set to attach as "auto" and are their origins overlapping other artwork?
  • Is the character set up correctly as a +Character group with Head and Body groups inside it?

If none of these help, could you please File > Export > Puppet and share it as a link (Creative Cloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) so we could take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up importing the puppet into another project and it isn't doing it anymore. I will keep these settings in mind next time, however.

I do seem to have an issue with another puppet. For some reason, the swap sets work for on mouth (smile) but not for the other (sad)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Neutral and Smile are canonical tag names, Sad is not - I'm guessing that's it. I'd recommend setting up a normal mouth and then a separate alternative folder as seen in Almasol in http://okaysamurai.com/puppets/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines