• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is a good PC build for Character Animator going foward?

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using a grossly under powered laptop with 8gb ram and struggling thru producing my Character Animator workflow.

I would like suggestions on what would be a great build for Character Animator + other Adobe creative cloud applications going forward.

This is my general plan.

CPU: Latest one probably Tigerlake from Intel.

RAM: How much RAM do i need, is there a point of diminishing returns. Or do Adobe Apps use as much RAM that is thrown at them.  I was thinking of 64GB,  heck even 128GB or more if the applications really can benefit from them.

GPU.  Do Adobe products use GPU based acceleration in their applications?....   I was thinking of saving some cash by not getting a GPU.  Is it really needeed for the Adobe Applications. Or are all Adobe products CPU intensive and don't need GPU?

I am more performance centric, so I want to know, if the choices above would be sufficient to get a smoother experience.

Also one big deal for me is: How do i speed up the encoding of my Character Animator projects at 4k in Adobe Media Encore. I ususally release my creations on youtube at 4k.  Do I need a powerful GPU or is a powerful CPU+Ram combo enough to get the encoders to get my videos encoded fast.  (Encoding is my biggest bottle neck, it takes me 4-5 hours, with my weak machine).

Storage is a now brainer, might throw in a 1TB SSD, for faster access and call it a day.

Please let me know, if there is something more I might need to add. 

I like my Adobe experience, but I really need a good PC build to get a smoother experience.

Thanks

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?