• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What makes the difference between Ca and Ai ?

Participant ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why different.png

Imported an Ai file to Ca scene.
How do I make this look the same way ?

ty, Omer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had this happen. Did you save the AI file?  You can only import what is saved.

You might try going out of the programs and rebooting. CA will update whatever you have in AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

yes. saved and rebooted. still looks like this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have render as vector turned on for the scene? That scales better but does not handle some features like gradients. CH does not support all of AI.

last resort - save a copy as png and import that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do u mean by render as vector turned on ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread happens to have a screen shot - Render as vector in Character Animator causing problems  - look at the properties panel. Character Animator for Illustrator files (not Photoshop files which are always rasters) can either “render as vector” or not (meaning, render as rastor). Character Animator does not support all of the Illustrator capabilities when using render as vector, but rendering as vector can avoid some pixelization problems if you scale the scene in After Effects or similar (I think! Its something like that).

Your picture looks like its using gradients, which don’t work in “render as vector”. So uncheck that tickbox and try again.

If that does not work, you may be using some other feature that is completely unsupported. In that case, saving as a PNG file is my best advice.

Oh, someone suggested in the forums that grouping artwork into “Smart Objects” can help as well. I have not tried that myself yet (not sure what a “smart object” is in Illustrator actually! But its sounds... smart.) I assume the Illustrator file keeps the original objects internally, along with a rendered version?? Dunno, out of my depth there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines