• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When body tracking enabled, animation lags, performance very slow

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With just facial tags, handles, eye tracking etc. animation is very smooth with no noticeable lag.  As soon as I enable body tracking thing start severely lagging and animation becomes very choppy.  Is this normal and is there a setting to tweak performance for this?

Thanks,

Robb

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's processor-intensive. Body tracking takes up a lot of resources and will work best with devices that have our minimum specs or beyond. If you try body tracking and see the framerate in the lower left corner turn orange, that means either the puppet is complex enough to be causing strain or your system is struggling to meet that framerate. The options around this are to lower the framerate, simplify the puppet, or test on a higher spec machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so its a fairly new computer with 32 gig of ram and an 10th generation i7 (Intel Core i7-10710U) running at 1.10Ghz.

About 400 gig free space on the main drive.

The graphics are just intel onboard (Intel UHD graphics) perhaps that is the choke point.?  I need to look into where I can find whether or not it supports OpenGL 3.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

couldn't find anthing about open GL but this is some info on the onboard graphics

RobbsterDotCom_0-1639142191328.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a hardware expert but at quick glance those seem like they should work.

If you try to body track with the example stick figure character from adobe.com/go/ch_bodytracker, what kind of framerate are you seeing? For me on a 2016 Macbook Pro I usually get between 15-24 fps with body tracking on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you guys provide additional info for computer specs? Some of us who are trying to push the software to do more elaborate projects are struggling with fps issues. The solution should not be to simplify our puppets. If that's the case,  please work on reducing the limitations instead of adding new features. Currently a complex rig with head turns, triggers, sharable parts, and cycle layers can't produce 24 fps on a very highend machine and if walk, limb ik, or body behaviors are added its more like 15-18.  If I can't produce a quality product, I can't continue forward with Adobe CA. My expectations are not that high, so this is definitely disappointing. 

Imagine spending weeks or months building a crazy rig only to find its unusable due to fps issues. Its really discouraging 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also. My illustrator files are all below 5mb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines