• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I add Head Tuner to my puppet, rig breaks

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added the walk behaviour to my puppet, which is working fine, but when I add the head turner behaviour, the rig breaks.

What should the AI file structure look like for a Right quarter body (walking) WITH a head turner behaviour?

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an example puppet with turning behavior to use for reference. https://okaysamurai.com/puppets/motionlibrary/Ninja.puppet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. On which layer do I apply the walk behaviour? I'm guessing on the puppet name. How do you control that the character walks in quarter but not in frontal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ninja puppet is designed to use the motion library which has several options for walking built in. However, I see from one of your other posts that you seem to have the walk working - though you need to fix the arms and shoulders a bit. Overall, it's looking good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you suggest I fix the arms and shoulders to make it look better? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have time at the moment to illustrate what I mean, but currently the shoulders are still rigged for a front-facing puppet. If you change the illustration to make them more rounded, then they won't stick out as much when the character is walking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines