• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when i make her blink it deforms her face

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm trying to make my character blink but it deforms her face, I really don't know what to do. Any help?2020-01-27 (7).png2020-01-27 (9).png

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's typically because you have a layer either tagged as independent when it shouldn't be, or vice versa.  Typically you want the eye layer and the pupil tagged as independent, and the blink and eyeball not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yeah I would say its the eyeball, I do it so often haha. gl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe its all the funny scribble marks over your face causing the web cam to misread your face? (Just kidding!! Lol!)

If you don't work it out from the previous post, I suggest including a copy of the rigging heirarchy in the screenshot. E.g. do you have a separate blink layer, etc. If still stuck, this blog post (while now old) might have some useful suggestions: https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/04/21/debugging-character-animator-eyess/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post a picture of the puppet panel in Rig mode (with all of your main layers expanded)? You need to click the Crown icon next to your "Right Eye" and "Left Eye" layers to make them Warp Independent. It's actually even better if you do this back in Illustrator. Name those layers "+Right Eye", etc. to automatically tag them as Warp Independent. Anything with a "+" symbol before the layer name will come in to Character Animator with the crown icon already selected. You can rename these layers and save in Illustrator without having to re-import the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines