Where to look for step by step complete beginners

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a school teacher who as of 2 weeks ago attempted to begin using some free trials of both Adobe Illustrator and Character Animator to help in creating some animated instructional videos for my school.  The adobe world is completely new to me and hence  even after trying to follow the tutorials that showed you how to start with template puppets and make edits to customize from there I  have royally screwed up my puppet's rigging and behaviors and every attempt at fixing only makes it worse.  I tried to keep it as simple as possible but my character needed to have some unusual clothing layers since it is a nun..... with a full habit to look like me who am a real nun, though the truer term woudl be a "sister" Basically the layering was more complex than I was ready for.  Does anyone know if there are any experts out there who would like give you a private lesson for a small fee and work with you to fix a puppet and learn the basics? I literally need like..... click here... because said reason etc.   Starting from the template was a mistake for me as a beginner. I should have started compeltelhy from scratch which would have provided a better beginning knolwedge base experience and I might have had a better shot at trouble shooting.  Thank for any suggestions.... I'm just at a loss after trying to work this out on my own for over 50+ hours and watching more tutorials than I can count. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I might be able to help with some simple rigging (no fee, but I just don't have much free time either). There are the Adobe videos, but I did a series a few years back that were screencasts of me taking a photo and animating it stage by stage. https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/10/22/project-wookie-a-beginner-youtube-playlist/. I show EVERYTHING, which means fast forwarding at times can be useful.

But the more complex the puppet, the longer it takes. E.g. if you need multiple head turns, walk behaviors, etc that is probably beyond what I can help with sorry. If a relatively simple puppet that always looks forwards with a few hand positions that is much easier. (You can "Export Puppet" from inside CH, upload to Google Drive or dropbox etc, then share a link here or send me a direct message if you want me to have a look. I can spend say an hour and see how far I can get with it...)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines