• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does CH ALWAYS record an extra audio track no matter what behaviors are enabled?

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like I might be missing something or doing something wrong. 
   I use CH a LOT, now it's part of my job so efficiency in the timeline is pretty important. So I have a webcam or headphones often plugged in while working no matter what. But with complex scenes it's really best to record performances using only 1-2 behaviors at a time, which is what I do. 
   I've never been able to figure out how to actually DIS-able an extra audio recording every time I do any performance.  So for example:

I've turned off absolutely everything except like the 'eye gaze using keyboard input' and I begin a recording. when it's done CH has added another audio track of whatever crappy room sounds were hitting my webcam/headphones during that performance. So you need to go delete that segment from the top audio layer. It's a small thing but when you're recording like 50-80 short takes and re-trying things there ends up being a massive staircase of useless audio that you have to go back and delete every time, or can sometimes be missed and sound terrible if left behind on accident. Why isn't this audio recording track disabled when lip sync isn't selected? Unless maybe theres a way to do it that I'm missing someplace? anyone know what I mean? 
If thats not possible it would be really nice if it could be implemented in a future version, it gets really annoying on long complex projects.

TOPICS
Camera , Feature requests , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried turning off the microphone icon under the camera preview panel? The same one to turn off the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

omg, what is wrong with me?! Thank you.
(still think it should be disabled when behaviors don't call for it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines