• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is everything transparent?

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just starting out. I try to do an adobe tutorial. I make my puppet. I import my puppet. ALL the artwork including the background is transparent. Before I've even sent up my arms, legs, etc on my puppet. I know it's going to be a quick, dumb fix but I am super frustrated trying to figure this out on my own. I'm following the tutorial exactly but the presenter doesn't encounter this problem.

Once again, just starting out. No clue what I'm doing. I know my photoshop, illustrator, and a little bit of flash from years ago but literally zero experience with Character Animator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

It looks like your scene dimensions might be too narrow? Select the "Scene - goldenpuppet" in the Project panel, then check the Width and Height values in the Properties panel. Is Width too narrow for your content?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that it matters but It is the walking tutorial. And I've made my puppet from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm, it's transparent in both the Puppet panel and Scene panel, or only in the Scene panel?

In the Puppet panel, you see the layer structure on the left side, but no content appears on the right, even if you zoom out?

Can you post some screenshots? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

It's just the Scene Panel I believe. The art has somelike like 50% opacity on a gray backing. I must be missing a step somewhere. I'll send screens when I get home from work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this with Illustrator or Photoshop artwork?

If we can get the artwork you're trying to import, that might be faster to diagnose as well. Feel free to send a shared link (via Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) either here or via direct message.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

transp.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My puppet from scratch was drawn in illustrator, then moved to photoshop. I doubt this matters. I'm probably just missing a crucial step that no tutorial bothers to mention is what I'm assuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing that screenshot. It looks like the artwork is offset into the area outside the scene bounds. If you make the Scene panel wider you should see a zoom control in the lower-right corner of the panel to zoom out to see the bounds of the scene (black background). This might be occurring because of the origin of the artboard/coordinates. If you reset the origin on the ruler to be above the upper-left corner of the artwork, does it import within the scene properly? If you have a shared link to the artwork file, I can also take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-If you reset the origin on the ruler to be above the upper-left corner of the artwork, does it import within the scene properly?

--- Sorry, I have no clue what this means

Here's what happens when I zoomed out.Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like your scene dimensions might be too narrow? Select the "Scene - goldenpuppet" in the Project panel, then check the Width and Height values in the Properties panel. Is Width too narrow for your content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes!!! Finally. I knew it would be something small. Thank you, Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also love to know what none of my data points are on my puppet. I applied them to the correct spot and now this...? This whole Character Animator program has been nothing but a headache from the start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you added those handles in the Puppet panel, were there any changes to the artwork in PS or AI (e.g., adding new layers or moving layers around on the canvas)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, That was it for the handles. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

transp.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines