• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my character shuddering?

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My character won't stop shuddering/shaking. They have a full case of the jitters. I tried adjusting the smoothing, but it doesn't seem to have much of an effect. Does the problem lie with the camera on this old laptop? 

TOPICS
Camera , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Studdering is usually either a lighting or rigging issue. Make sure you're close to the camera and well lit. If you are and it is still happening, it's possible something like lip sync jaw movement or non-independent parts are causing more movement than you might like.  If it persists, please post a screenshot, video, or File > Export > Puppet (.puppet file) here for more direct help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Thanks for the file. At first, I wasn't able to reproduce your issue, but then I was able to find just the right amount of mesh distortion that would create this artifact. 

We basically get a feedback loop when using LimbIK when you *don't* have independent legs. The best workaround I found was to set LimbIK to "Arms Only" since it works fine with the independent arms, then use fixed pins to stick the feet to the ground instead of LimbIK. 

Alternatively, you can make the legs independent, though I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Studdering is usually either a lighting or rigging issue. Make sure you're close to the camera and well lit. If you are and it is still happening, it's possible something like lip sync jaw movement or non-independent parts are causing more movement than you might like.  If it persists, please post a screenshot, video, or File > Export > Puppet (.puppet file) here for more direct help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you possibly take a look at this character for me please. I can't get the shakes out of him😆. Damn, I can't upload a zip or a .puppet file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screen grabScreenshot 2023-02-07 at 17.27.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please File > Export > Puppet, and upload/share your .puppet file as a shared link (via Google Drive, Dropbox, Creative Cloud, etc.)? Hard to diagnose with the screenshot alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my brain had switched off for the day and didn't think of doing that https://we.tl/t-9giKKi0aRS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the file. At first, I wasn't able to reproduce your issue, but then I was able to find just the right amount of mesh distortion that would create this artifact. 

We basically get a feedback loop when using LimbIK when you *don't* have independent legs. The best workaround I found was to set LimbIK to "Arms Only" since it works fine with the independent arms, then use fixed pins to stick the feet to the ground instead of LimbIK. 

Alternatively, you can make the legs independent, though I really liked how the character moved with the fixed pins. 

Really cute character! Nice work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also noticed that your character was stuck to the background. This is because the Attach Style is set to "Weld". That's great for something like an ear or arm, but not great for a whole character. Whenever you have an entire character, set that to "Free".

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 10.07.48 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for that. It really helped a lot. I've learnt a lot in the last 2 months, thanks to all of OKSamurai's great reviews, and the software getting so much better with the motion library. We're Working on a 12 episode kids TV show. Thanks to the speed of Character Animator I'm able to do all 12 in six weeks! I'll share some footage once we've finished.

P6 GWALLT GFX-0001.jpgMISHO DOSBARTH NEWYDD GFX Rhan2-0001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an example of another one that has the shakes and has independent legs. If I set the attach style to free on this one it goes crazy!

https://we.tl/t-c5TGhp2G2F

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your puppet's feet did not have knee tags. Therefore, I assume that the force is not distributed and the body is shaking with pulls.
Please add a handle to the center of the foot and add a knee tag.

Sample puppet DL
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XqJr0NS8FGUqz9cr71HJSK5XpbXz_lWD/view?usp=share_link

Thanks.

add_KneeTag.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That fixed it perfectly. Thank you so much. This is the best Adobe team I've come across🥰

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines