Copied

Character animator is making my puppet blink in only one eye
it's not pulling in the illustrator file as the illustrator file is
and it's causing issues with the 'auto-blink' function 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the issue you're describing. Still trying to track down why it isn't blinking instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, wait, I think I know what's up here. Blink tagged layers show the layer tagged blink and hide all other members of their group (usually this hides the regular eye layer).In your case, the two blinking eyes are in the same group, so that means one of the eyes "wins" and the other gets hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Small clarification. In Ch I see blink as both a group and a layer within that group. Because both the group and layer are named left/right blink, both are tagged. If you untag the two groups (leaving the layers tagged), the two blinks are each in their own groups, so they won't fight each other. For a more permanent fix, rename the groups so they don't have the word blink in them so they won't get automatically tagged in this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have to be in a group or they'll make the whole head disappear when they blink! It's a work-around I learned a long time ago and suddenly it's giving problems....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OK it's fixed!!! Thanks so much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines