• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Work Flow of animation

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually make one animation with more than 60 scenes and this is my first time using CH on my work. 

When I set up a scene, I start recording then try to work on next scene.

But whenever I change the body posture or eyes feature, the other scenes I already recorded automatically change. My puppet has a lot of different version of mouth, eyes, eyebrow and body, pose and clothes.

It seems like I have to open new project for every single scene or I have to make hundred different version puppets of my character according to face and body pose. 

But that's weird. If I really have to, it'll make my work even more complicated and slower than before when I drew every single scene by my hand. I don't think this program is that stupid

I can only find the tutorials of workflow for only one scene like a character is walking or talking.

What I need is a full workflow of one animation episode that has a lot of different kinds of scenes

Let me assume I'm making three scenes as the picture below.

Scene 1. A character is just walking

Scene 2. There are two puppets of the same character and one changes her eyes and there is also blink effect

Scene 3. There are two different characters. One is the same character as scene 1 and 2 but with different version of eyes and body pose. Plus they're running fast. 

KakaoTalk_20200414_215342112.jpg

If I wanna make these three scenes, can I make them all in one project with two puppets(girl and boy)? 

Please somebody teaches me the simplest way of workflow.

And plus, is there anyway I can make auto trigger setting in my puppet like "Tull"?

Puppet Tull always shows up all his triggers in any project.

And how can I export the video of the record? I wanna try to export the record before it changes. 

Thanks

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If what you are recording in one scene affects other scenes, what is probably happening is you are changing properties of the underlying puppet, not recording values for a scene. If you don't arm the properties (the little red dot) then changes are made to the puppet that is shared between scenes. To make a change for a scene, you must have the red dot on (armed) and then record the new value. That recorded value is then in effect for the length of the recording (the "take") in that scene. Recorded values will not change other scenes. (I do this all the time - I have one project that has close to 100 scenes in it without problem.)

If you are changing the artwork of a puppet per scene, then you either need to make a separate puppet (including not sharing the artwork), or you need to extend the current puppet using triggers and Swapsets etc. E.g. for different colored eyes, you can have a trigger where the default eye color is blue, but if you press a trigger key they turn red. It is easier to work out all the variation you want before recording as each new change if it changes the puppet structure too much may cause old takes to no longer work (CH can lose track of how to link recording to puppet).

I often build up a puppet, do a number of scenes, then if I discover I need something new I create a new puppet by copying the existing puppet (I export then reimport to make a complete copy) and call it "Sam v2" or something. I then use v2 for the following scenes until I extend further and need a v3. That way I never accidentally mess up old scenes. Sometimes I create a different puppet for a strange angle. Just swap out puppet one and use puppet 2 instead. As long as they look consistent this works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow thanks for the detail advice. It helps a lot!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In most situations, I have one puppet per character. Sometimes I will have different versions (like Alan says) if their functionality is drastically different, like walking vs. standing. But often it's a character like Tull who has all his emotions, triggers, etc rolled up into one puppet. So yes, you do all the rigging first, then start recording. The cameras tutorial might help you with figuring out how to change scenes: https://youtu.be/8ZdnGazWtq4

To make a character like Tull, watch this video which talks more about creating an advanced replay system: https://youtu.be/aZadeOEFumY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was helpful! Thanks that Adobe always helps and gives me a solution whenever I need help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines