Workflow guidelines & accessibility solutions

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to the knowledge base,

I have a puppet workflow question that probably pertains only to me. But any idea's, suggestions, or guidelines are welcome.

Given my physical and vision limits I need to do some out of the box thinking on my first puppet.

Workflow IS: all audio used will be pre recorded. All puppet movements, expressions,  gestures must be mouse or keyboard triggered. The use of a webcam is not possible. Some where in one of okay samurai vedio's. I know he explained, to have a tighter control, mouse, and triggers is the way to go.

I need to make sure this workflow correct and be done.  I plan on using this procedure for: head - (frontal, turns L&R, up & down), eyes+, mouth expression(smile, angry, surprise, boredom, and others), body, hands -( about 20 different ones), and lip sync.

Thank you all for taking time to read this request.

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can certainly control a puppet with a mouse instead of webcam - it's just more work. E.g. the face behavior can use the webcam to adjust eyebrows, head tilt etc. You can turn off the face behavior and do it using a dragger instead. Eyes for example has property settings to turn on the mouse or keyboard instead of camera. You will need to make multiple passes at recordings (e.g. record dragging head around, then rewind the playhead and record dragging the arms around, then rewind and drag the eyes around etc) but certainly doable and pretty common - you just might need to do more passes to control eye brows etc in another pass etc where the webcam would do several things together.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alank9910739,

'Thank you for your response. Your knowledge appears very good. 

how long have you been in the puppet game? I have 1 1/2 years in so far. I have found the learning curve extreme. I have held asking forum questions because of my inexperience. I am tired of not knowing what I don't know. At my age, I can't wait for me to figure this stuff out myself alone. 

'Your reply has given me more issues to think about. Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ask away (or search then ask if you cannot find a previous answer). That is what the forums are for. I would ask one specific question per post, then just start a new thread for the next question.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines