• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Would someone be willing to help me detangle the mess I am in?

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to modify a character template and I think it was a bad idea.  I am so confused.  I'm just trying to get the arms to move right and for the character not to bob all over the screen like a ghost.

If anyone is feeling like a generous Good Samaritan, my sanity would appreciate you taking a look at this mess and letting me know why it's tangled up worse than a briar patch of despair.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-A4Muso4NEzyW7V4KVu6zdytb3AH8L_P?usp=sharing

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm sorry that I don't have time right now to untangle...
But I have a suggestion. I can see that you started with two Starter Mode puppets and brought them into Pro mode. And those Starter Mode puppets were originally created from the Puppet Maker template called Kyo. My suggestion is that you start a new project in Pro Mode. Use Puppet Maker and the Kyo Template to create exactly the puppet/character you want. And then it should animate great in Pro mode. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately, I don't understand the concepts you are talking about. . .I am not aware of using two puppets to start from, and I don't know where Starter Mode or Pro Mode come into play or how, or what the difference is. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, Terry,
Hope this info helps you get going. When you start using Character Animator for the first time, you are in Starter Mode. Starter Mode is a free mode and a simple way to get started in Character Animator. You can see a video here. https://youtu.be/3TGOhygJbJ0

But you shared a Pro Project. And within your Pro Project, the Puppets are all named as Stater puppets. That's how I knew they were Starter mode puppets. 

You can switch between Starter mode and Pro Mode. But once you've created a Pro mode project or puppet, you can't or shouldn't try to go back to Starter Mode with that particular puppet or project (but you can always start a new Starter mode any time you want). How do you know which mode you are in? You'll see the word Starter or Pro in the app's top right corner. Click on it to learn more. See the attached image. 

The team created the Starter mode with free template puppets you started from a Pro mode feature called Puppet Maker. You can find out more about Puppet Maker here: https://youtu.be/JJ7ejWSw4eQ.

And the puppet you started with is a free Puppet Maker template called Kyo. The cool thing about Puppet Maker templates is that you can customize them and make your puppets from them. In Pro mode, click on the first example puppets box (see attached image). It will say "open puppet maker." Or go to File > Open Puppet Maker (see image). And once it's open, you can find the Kyo template (probably the second one) and generate new puppets that will work much better for your goals. 

Lastly, Okaysamurai has created tons of amazing free tutorials. And there is a whole section on beginner lessons. https://www.youtube.com/@okaysamurai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines